Sunday, March 16, 2008

Antenna or dish? Hubby has installed ...

By dish, I mean the Astro dish. A house without Astro is like ... a person who eats nasi lemak without the sambal? My house is such a house and I'm such a person but we'll leave the food for another post. Today's word is ... antenna.

Yes, hubby got the tv antenna installed today to get clear reception ahead of tomorrow's first race of the Formula One season but we'll leave racecars out of today's post. The poor guy followed last season's races through poor tv reception and delayed results via internet/newspapers. I think that was a big sacrifice considering all the drama and unprecedented excitement last season. (btw, I'm glad Kimi won. He's much more good looking than Lewis and Fernando :)

He wanted Astro "for the kids" but I put my foot down and said no. The kids are already watching way too much tv. With tv and dvd, there's a limit to watching time. Enforcement is much harder with round-the-clock Disney channel. Don't get me started on the violence in some cartoons nowadays. Parental lock? Me think: why invite a tiger into your house, then think of ways to control the tiger? Might as well don't invite the tiger, then no headaches!

No comments: