Saturday, July 16, 2016

Navigating: Sometimes Even Navigation Is Best To DIY

W423 (a popular navigation app) couldn't get me there and it couldn't get me home. I had been reluctant to install this app into my phone but since I had been totally unfamiliar with the forum venue, I had let Hubby install it last night. However, it didn't help... at all!

The offending line was 'No GPS. Showing Approximate Location'. The blue dot jumped around. Whenever it settled into the right position, it didn't move as I move. The app didn't show my progress along the highlighted route. There was no audio giving directions. The   estimated time to destination did not reduce as I travel. Heck, it was like I was not moving at all! 😟
Luckily, I had studied the route on G00613 M49 and G00613 E4?78 last night, so I was able to make my way there without difficulty. 

In the end, it was the navigation 'app' in my brain that got me there (with G00613's help) and got me home (albeit having to go through some traffic jams) without undue delay.

Moral of the day: have the resources yourself so that you don't have to rely too much on external sources. 

PS: I will share what happened at and why I went to 'the forum venue' in a later post. Stay tuned!

No comments: